Most of us are on the constant quest to stay healthy throughout the year - which is fantastic as it makes you feel all round WELL. Christmas time can be a little challenging even for the most healthy of bodies. Not only can it make us feel like we are packing on the kilos, it can also make dark circles appear under the eyes and the skin start to look lackluster and breakout due to toxic build up. Here are a few tips to pack in your suit case along with your bikini this holiday season.
- Find out where the local super market is and do a little food shop of fruit and veg. Buy some apples for when you need a snack and some veggies like celery, carrots and cucumber to have with your dips and cheeses instead of the chips. Buy ingredients that are fun and healthy to cook with whilst you actually have the time to try something new.
- Keep hydrated from day to day with the juice of an entire lemon in a glass of water. Continue to top up the same glass with the same lemon for the entire day. Repeat every day with a new lemon. This will help to cleanse and purify the skin.
- Use this time to get maximum shut eye. They don't call it beauty sleep for nothing. Sleep is when our bodies have the time to regenerate and repair.
- Find out what the local activities are that will allow you to keep fit. It might be bush walking, paddle boarding, horse riding or just a jog along the beach. Use it as a time to try something new and if you're having fun, you won't even know you're exercising!
- Spend as much time in the ocean as possible. The sea water helps to resurface and has minerals and vitamins that are good for the skin.
- Pack board games. They will help keep you from being bored and hungry after dinner. Not to mention bring out your inner youth.
- This can be tricky if you're flying but pack some things to do a facial on yourself and whoever you're with. It's hard to find the time in day to day life to spend on yourself so a holiday is the perfect time to do some extra pampering.
- HAVE FUN! When you're having a wholesome fun time, you're body is de-stressing and repairing. So enjoy the unwind before the madness starts again.